Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer fun

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, we have been very busy so far this summer. I will go into it a bit more in these next couple of posts, along with, of course, some pictures.

The month started with a weekend camping trip in the woods with some good family time:

Playing with bugs - on the playground:And in the great nature center:
We spent a morning having fun with a friend at a funhouse full of bouncy houses and slides:
(yep, that is Quincy climbing up the giant slide)

Lots of things I didn't take pictures of - our 4th of July beach trip, blueberry picking, trip to NY to visit family, and our trip to the big zoo in the city. The trip to the zoo was eventful, first of all it was nearly a hundred degrees - not something we will ever do again in the middle of summer. Second, Quincy and I had a bit of a crash when he stepped in front of me suddenly and stopped. This in itself wouldn't be too bad, but I was wearing sandals and the crash involved a toenail that I had already injured a couple of weeks ago. The result was the toenail on my big toe sticking up in a rather unnatural angle, a great deal of pain, and the loss of that toenail. Oh, and this was at the beginning of our day. It was a memorable trip.

On to more fun stuff, some random fun pictures from this past month (0r so):

Apparently one pair of sunglasses was not enough for Miles:
A very patient and cooperative Batdog:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That inflatable house and those bugs look like lots of fun boys. Glad you had a good time camping in Virginia.
PS I miss you both
Lots of Hugs & Kisses
XOXOXOXOX
Love Gramma M