Friday, March 5, 2010

Oh, the joys of boys

Miles goes to school 2 hours a day, 3 days a week. He doesn't go to school on Mondays and Fridays. Most weeks I really like this arrangement, it gives us free time to go to the park, zoo, or wherever two days a week. This week however I am starting to think otherwise. On Monday, some of you may recall me posting about Miles locking the bathroom door. He locked it with no one in there and the water in the sink running full blast. He did this because he wanted to run water through his rocket launcher toy, but he didn't want me to see him doing it. And forgot the door was locked when he left the bathroom and closed the door. So off came the door handle, jiggled the lock out and got the door open. The handle went back on fairly smoothly and everything turned out just fine.

All week Miles favorite word is poop. Anything that gets talked about, or apparently thought about, he manages to turn into talking about poop. All week.

This morning I found the bathroom trash can had liquid in the bottom, and the little bit of trash that was in there was floating. Upon dumping out the liquid I realized that it wasn't water. Nope. It was urine. After first denying he peed in the trash can, Miles finally told me that he did it because he wanted to see what it was like to pee on garbage.

So, to recap, Monday, (no school) he locks the bathroom door with the water running. Friday (no school) he pees in the bathroom trash can. I know this is only two relatively small things in one week. But it really just makes me fear for when both of the boys are in full force.

To reaffirm my womanhood, (and because I have had a craving for chocolate since yesterday)while the boys were napping I made this, from scratch:

And, of course, proceeded to lick the cake batter bowl and the frosting bowl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tee Hee - yes - the life of boys. Miles sure is testing - good luck
Love Gramma M

Michelle said...

Hang on Kris, it is going to be a wild ride! :) The cake looks delicious!