Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A fun day with family

I live about 2 hours from where my Dad grew up. Now, only one of his sisters and her grown children and families still live there. It is nice that I am close enough to be able to go up and visit occasionally, but sad that everyone lives so far apart that we don't get together as a big family very often anymore. Yesterday, was a rare treat that one of my aunts, my two cousins and kids from Alabama, as well as an aunt and uncle from Michigan all came to visit my aunt and uncle and family that live just 2 hours from me. So the kids and I spent the day visiting with family that we haven't seen in a long time, and got to visit with much of the family together at the same time.

Both sides of my family are outdoorsy, but in very different ways. On my Mom's side, it is more camping, hiking & kayaking. On my Dad's side, it's more hunting, fishing & 4-wheeling. With so many relatives together, along with a beautiful day, there was lots of 4-wheeling. I was close to having a small heart attack when my two boys went for rides, but we all quickly got over that and before long I was taking them out for rides also.

Quincy's first 4-wheeler ride, with my cousin, Kim:Miles's first 4-wheeler ride (with Kim and her son Jonathon):
They both loved the 4-wheeler and begged to go faster and go again.

Quincy hanging out with my uncle:

The three sisters, my Aunts:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing - great pictures