Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten!

Miles started kindergarten this morning. He has gone between being apprehensive, scared and excited about starting school all summer, about two weeks ago he started really being excited about it, and has continued being excited all the way through to this morning. He had about 5 minutes of nerves, he laid on the couch then went in the guest room and closed the door, not willing to talk to me or Quincy. A few minutes later he came out, excited again. Yesterday we packed his backpack and he picked out his outfit for today. He went to bed last night and didn't make a peep, he wanted to get his rest and be ready for this morning!

Here he is, backpack on, heading to the bus stop:
We got out early, not knowing exactly when the bus would arrive, apparently he got tired of standing:
The bus is coming!!
I had to call out to him to tell him to stop and give me a hug and kiss goodbye. He was so excited he barely had time for me, he just wanted to get on the bus! The bus driver told him to stop and look at me for a picture:
And he sat right in the front row, just waiting for the bus to get going:
He had a giant smile on his face this morning. I am now anxiously waiting for him to come home this afternoon and hear all about his first day of school. I really hope he has a great day. Now I need to start finding something to do with my time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miles- what a big smile, Grandpa and I are so happy that your first bus ride and first day of "real" school went so well. I am sure your teachers will be so proud of all you do. Love Grandpa and Gramma M