Thursday, July 9, 2009

Backyard camping

Miles and I camped out in the backyard last night. We have a little pop-tent that we set up yesterday during the day and played in a bit. Mike had class last night, so we waited up until he got home, then headed outside. It was way after Miles normal bedtime, and it was darker out, so I thought he would fall asleep fairly easy. Boy was I wrong! We did some fun camp-type stuff, then it was story time and lights out. But he was all giddy and excited. I was ready to fall asleep waaay before him. I kept drifting off only to be woken up by little fingers pinching my nose or tickling my arms. Finally he went to sleep, and I was asleep moments later. I wholly expected him not to last the night, but he did. He got me up once for a potty trip, then right back into the tent and back to sleep until 6 this morning. I forgot my camera when we first went out for the night, but grabbed it on the potty break. Miles was less than eager for pictures this morning when he woke up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor little guy looks exhausted. good thing he went right back to sleep.

hugs & kisses.....grammy d.

KrisD said...

Those pics are from this morning before coming in for breakfast. He looked that way because he was upset that I was taking his picture. And because he had just woken up.

Anonymous said...

he is just not a happy camper( sorry for the pun) when he gets up from sleeping is he...lol
GLad you all had a good night!

Kerry