Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Camping trip

The kids and I returned home early this morning, after a fun filled week camping with my parents. They now have a beautiful camper in a nice seasonal campground. The boys loved it. We lounged/played around the campsite, visited with family, went down to the beach and lake, and took a couple of day trips. Miles and Quincy love being outside, so they were beyond happy being at the campground all week.
Miles got brave and went into the lake up past his waist, but had more fun spraying people with the water shooter: then most of the time at the beach was spent playing in the sand. Quincy wanted nothing to do with the water, but was quite happy on the beach playing with toys.
Miles helped my Mom with gardening. Miles went out kayaking with me and my Mom. Here he is checking out the paddle. He took it in the water and tried paddling it in the lake, without the kayak... Miles got a fishing pole from my Dad. He literally was doing happy dances around the campsite singing "I got my own fishing pole!" and "I'm going to go real fishing!". He went out fishing with my Mom and Dad. (I think my Mom was mostly there to take pictures!)

He helped my Dad build the campfire several nights, his job was getting the firewood.
On Saturday we went up into the mountains to a place called The Polar Caves, which is a series of glacially formed caves (mostly fairly narrow) on a mountain. So Miles got to go hiking and he got to climb through caves. We went with my parents and my brother's family. Miles and my niece Maddie had a ball going through the caves. I wore Quincy in a front carrier and we went through most of the caves, which Quincy loved. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera in the car, so no pictures of the caves.

On Sunday we went out in my brothers boat for a day on the lake. Quincy was too thrilled with the life jacket and decided to be fussy most of the trip.
All in all, an enjoyable week. It was a great getaway. Of course, Miles is now saying he doesn't want to sleep in a tent anymore. Now he says he will only camp in a camper. Hmmmm. I think he was a bit spoiled by my parents big 'ol camper.

3 comments:

Kat's Credence said...

Looks like a blast! I wanna go camping, lol.

Anonymous said...

Sure glad you all had a great time, I know Gramma and Grampa sure did
Love the picture selections and will send some of the cave pictures to yu
Love Gramma M

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like you all had a lot of fun.

Kerry