Monday, December 14, 2009

A few almost-traumas

ugh. Let me start from the begininng. This morning I let Miles feed the fish all by himself, and I forgot to check how much food he put in the tank. (my first mistake) A little while ago we went into the guest/play room to play and I saw that the fish tank was so dark I couldn't see anything in there. So, I get everything non-living out of the tank, get the fish into a separate bowl and start the process of cleaning the tank. Apparently it is a bad idea to leave a bowl with fish and water on the edge of the dresser in the playroom with two young children and no adult. Yep, you guessed it, I go back into the room and find the fish lying on the floor next to the bowl. Not flopping around, just lying there. Got it back into the bowl and into the partially refilled tank. Okay, the fish is swimming so no problem there. Next I put Quincy into the highchair so he can be safe and out from under my feet while I finish taking care of the fish. He is not happy at all, so I ask Miles to go try to help him feel better. (mistake #3) While in the playroom, I hear a crash and crying. Miles thought he would try to cheer up Quincy by knocking over the highchair. I arrive in the dining room to find the highchair knocked over, Quincy half in/half out and crying, and Miles trapped under the highchair, also crying. Luckily, no one was hurt, just a bit traumatized. And Miles thought the only thing he should have done differently was stand on the other side of the highchair so he didn't get hit by it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my - best laugh I've had in awhile - better you than me - whoops- is poor Go Go still alive?

KrisD said...

Yes, Go go the fish came out of it all fine. I think the fish was the least traumatized, and I think I was the most traumatized. Heck, I think Go go was just happy to be alive.

Anonymous said...

lol...and what about Go Go? Is he traumatized???
too funny!!! I love those kids!!

Kerry

Anonymous said...

Yes - I think Mother ius always the most traumatized when life's little oops happen - especially so many at one time
Love Gramma M

Michelle said...

I feel your pain! When Sean pulled out Nick's teeth and I asked him how he SHOULD have handled it, he said he should have pulled slower. Um, not the answer I was looking for! I am glad no one was truly hurt, and hopefully you had a lovely glass of wine at the end of that day!