Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's official

I just received an email from my state paralegal association that I officially passed the national paralegal exam that I took in early April!! I had received preliminary results at the time of the exam, but had to wait for the exam board to review my results and give the official word. So I am now a registered paralegal. The exam is called PACE, Paralegal Advanced Compentency Exam, it is a big deal in the paralegal industry, it is one of two that is administered nationwide. You have to meet requirements to sit for the test, and it tests for the entire paralegal field, regardless of specialties or jurisdiction. So, what it means, is that I can now use the initials, RP after my name in professional correspondence, letterhead, business cards, etc., and, more importantly, it means that lawyers and other paralegals know that I have the knowledge and ability to be a paralegal based on a national standard. I'm not one to pat myself on the back much, but I am very excited about this, so I wanted to share!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrific!! Congradulations!!!

Kerry said...

Good for you!!!! You should be very proud!

Mom "D" said...

Congratulations Kris....Dad & I are proud of you!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

And a Hearty WELL DONE!!! Now you can increase your rates.

Jennifer said...

Congrats Girl Friend!!!

Trish said...

You rock girlfriend! Congrats!!!!!!