Friday, May 23, 2008

My current favorite thing to hear...

Peepee coming! We have started potty training, and so far with mixed results! Last week Miles got to pick out a new potty seat and some pull-ups. He did fairly well with the pull-ups, he at least went on the potty when we brought him there, and liked being a big boy. So this week he got to pick out his very own underwear! He is very proud of his Mickey Mouse underwear and likes to wear them and look at himself in the mirror in them! His first full day, Wednesday, we went through many pairs of underwear and shorts and did a lot of cleaning! But, each time he went he seemed to learn a little bit. Yesterday, day 2, he went the whole day with no accidents! Even at the park and zoo! He got to use a port-a-potty for the first time. All day he told me "peepee coming" and did not go until he was sitting on the potty. I am very proud of my little man, and he is very proud of himself. I have no idea how today will be, but I am hopeful. I do not want to jinx him or myself and think that we are even close to done! I am sure we have a lot of good and bad days ahead of us. Of course, we still have night time to worry about, and I don't have a clue how to go about that yet.

No comments: