Thursday, July 24, 2008

And again...

We were in Labor & Delivery again last night. Well last evening. And yes, I am home and still pregnant. This is really getting old. Yesterday started well enough, I had a day at the spa planned. A prenatal massage followed by a light lunch, a manicure and a pedicure. I've never felt so pampered, normally I go in for one thing at a time, but this was a treat. Well, shortly after the prenatal massage I felt contractions starting, but not painful, just uncomfortable. They weren't too often or too bad, so I finished my day at the spa.

By the time I got home the contractions were much more frequent and much more uncomfortable. They continued to get more frequent and more intense, starting to get painful. By around 4pm (ish) they were so painful that most of the contractions had me in tears. Mike and Miles had both been napping since I had returned from the spa. There was no way I was walking upstairs to get Mike, so I just gritted my teeth through the contractions until they woke up. Which was a bit before 5pm. By 5:30 the contractions were still strong and often and were not letting up at all, so we made the decision to head into the hospital. We packed up Miles and dropped him off to our dear friends' house and went to the hospital. By the time we got there, I could feel that things had definitely calmed down. I was still getting contractions, but they were not as frequent and not nearly as painful. I was convinced to go in and get checked out. But of course, the contractions just continued to die down.

The good news is that the doctor did an ultrasound when I first got in (since the baby was not in a good birthing position), and the baby has turned and as of last night he is head down. So I do not have to rush in to the hospital the next time I am in tears from contractions. I figure we will drive around for a while since car rides seem to calm my contractions down.

I am hoping that the next time I post about going to the hospital there will be a picture of our new baby to go along with the post. I am really tired of going to the hospital and coming home pregnant.

3 comments:

meliss said...

How frustrating... your body is definitely getting itself ready to help this little one arrive! I can't wait to hear when it does happen!

Myndful said...

By the time you have this one, you'll be on first-name basis with the L & D people!!!

Anonymous said...

Do we have a name picked out yet?